Joining the project
Joining the project as a medical clown depends on two factors:
1. Your suitability to be a medical clown as part of the project.
2. Our ability to offer you a position for a period of at least one year.
Since Dream Doctors depends solely on contributions, the number of positions is limited, and new positions open up as a direct outcome of fund raising.
Threshold criteria for new Dream Doctors candidates:
- Performing artist active in theater arts; preference to candidates with formal training in their field.
- Personality suited to medical clowning.
- Willing to make a commitment of at least four years.
- Successful completion of the training program, and participation in the ongoing professional support program.
- Certificate of clean police record from the Israel Police
- Preference to candidates over the age of 28, married with children.
After a careful selection process, candidates undergo a three-month training course. The course teaches basic content and workshops in medical clowning in addition to lectures on working in hospitals, illness and hospitalization, psychology of the hospitalized child, rules of hygiene, and more.
Candidates who successfully complete the course continue to the internship stage of approximately three months. During this practicum, clown interns receive professional feedback from experienced clowns.
Upon completion of the internship, the most suitable candidates join the project based on our ability to offer them a position (which depends, as we explained, on financing and contributions).
The basic training course comprises 44 academic hours.
The internship is 33 academic hours.
Candidates please send your CV by e-mail:
or Fax: +972-3-542-2723.
Please note: The Dream Doctors Project does not operate training courses, internships or practicum separately from our project intake procedures. For those interested in learning to be a medical clown, we recommend contacting University of Haifa B.A. Program in Medical Clowning or the following professional training courses recognized by us, taught by graduates of the Dream Doctors Project:
1. Medical Clowning course at the Kibbutzim College of Education, taught by Talya Safra.
2. Medical Clowning course taught by Jerome Arouche, at the Ashdod Matnas (Community Center).
Last Updated (Monday, 23 April 2012 09:45)